Shop in our Hidden Hearing Shop to get the best deals on Hearing Aid Accessories
The following statement explains HIDDEN HEARING's policy regarding personal information we collect about you.
1. For certain functionality on www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself in order to take advantage of the functionality. Such functionality includes feedback forms, newsletter and e-mail alert subscriptions and sending a page on www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk to an associate.
2. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable HIDDEN HEARING to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, HIDDEN HEARING will treat that information in accordance with this policy. HIDDEN HEARING acts in accordance with current legislation and will not share any data with third parties.
3. You also have the ability to agree for HIDDEN HEARING to send you information not directly related to the reason for visiting www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk (you control this). HIDDEN HEARING will only send you information that is either directly, or indirectly, related and relevant to your organisation.
4. When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie, Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track user behaviour of a website.
a. There are two main types of cookie:
• A session cookie only exists for the duration of your visit to a website. They recognise your computer or smartphone as you move between pages. These cookies can be used, for example, to maintain secure logins.
• A persistent cookie stays on your device for a set period of time and can be used, for example, to remember you when you next visit the website.
Cookies are NOT viruses, any kind of malware, programs or applications. Cookies can't see the files on your computer.
6. Cookies only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these does mean that certain personalised services cannot be provided to the user.
7. Any information that is supplied to HIDDEN HEARING by cookies can help HIDDEN HEARING to provide you with a better communication channel, and directly, or indirectly, related services. For example: if on a previous visit you went to the insight pages in control and operations, then HIDDEN HEARING might find this out from your cookie and highlight related information on a second visit, or through other communication channels.
7a. At Hidden Hearing we use the following cookies –
The __utma Cookie - This cookie is what’s called a “persistent” cookie. This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
The __utmb and __utmc Cookies - The B and C cookies are brothers, working together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. __utmb expires at the end of the session. __utmc waits 30 minutes, and then it expires.
The __utmz Cookie - The __utmz keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. It expires in 6 months.
3rd Party Ad Serving
We allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements on our behalf. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. Currently we have relationships with the following third-party ad networks:
AppNexus places cookies on the browsers of visitors to its website(s) and may send its own cookies to the visitors’ cookie file. The cookies will allow AppNexus to apply its Personalized Retargeting technology and to serve Personalized banners; AppNexus only employs anonymous cookies for Personalized banners, the Cookie is a means by which information relating to internet activity is recorded; AppNexus will collect and use this data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to laws governing privacy, and data protection); The data collected and used by AppNexus is at its sole discretion and will only contain non-personal data. This data will be anonymous and will not contain the name, address, telephone number, email address or IP address of the Visitors.
It is possible to deny access to these cookies, however it may affect your browsing abilities on www.hiddenhearing.co.uk.
You can remove any cookies already stored on your computer and you can control how your web browser deals with cookies by changing your browser settings. However this may prevent you from using parts of our website.
Many browsers give a range of options for managing cookies, including obtaining consent for every cookie, blocking certain types of cookie and blocking cookies from unrecognised websites. Finally, you can set your browser to block all cookies however you should be aware that many sites will not work as smoothly as you are used to and some basic functionality that is dependent on cookies will not work at all.
The following links go to the relevant help sections for the major web browsers and explain how to manage your cookies:
Safari OS X
8. When you supply any personal information to www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk, we have legal obligation towards you in the way we deal with personal data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices provided on the pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else outside HIDDEN HEARING.
9. In general, any information you provide to HIDDEN HEARING will only be used within HIDDEN HEARING and its service providers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside HIDDEN HEARING without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere to www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on www.Hiddenhearing.co.uk, and HIDDEN HEARING considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, HIDDEN HEARING can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour.
10. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
Head Office Address